Kath has been asked to contribute as a speaker and facilitator/moderator in a number of environments, including media settings, such as radio and television broadcasts, newspaper interviews and webcasts.
She has been described as:
“an inspirational speaker who challenges our perceptions and motivates others to inspire”.
Kath has moderated several conferences on disability issues and has been able to draw together participants from highly diverse backgrounds, including academics, policy makers, disabled people and support organisations.
Kath has participated in numerous panel debates on issues relating to entrepreneurship and small to medium enterprises (SMEs), as well as being invited as a guest speaker to many prestigious events on a local, national and international basis, providing practical solutions to difficult issues.
She has addressed audiences:
• at the International Enterprise Promotion Convention;
• at a Ministerial Launch of a Resource Guide at the British Library;
• at various conferences for people with learning difficulties, policy makers and academics, including several conferences to highlight the publication of Department of Health policy documents;
• at national awards ceremonies;
• at European forums relating to entrepreneurship and the employment of disabled people in Germany and Brussels; and
• at a conference and live webcast for the SMEs, Research and Innovation Conference, “From Idea to Market: Turning Knowledge into Profit”, attended by HRH Prince Philippe of Belgium.